X2 - V1.5 New
Vector Controls X2 Operating System Version 1.5
The X2-Operating system consists of a standardized method to operate and configure a range of controllers and sensors. The system is built on pre-programmed control and function blocks which can be configured using a parameterization routine. All X2-type products use the same philosophy and can be configured using the same tools and methods. All X2-type products can be configured using the standard operation terminals, the PC based tool EasySet™ from Vector Controls or remotely through bus communication where available.
- New Features X2 V1.5.pdf
- X2 OS Introduction 2022.pdf
- Watch video: Vector Controls X2 Operating System
Detailed setup, configuration and operation instructions can be fond in the tabs below.
IP Communication Guidelines
- 70-00-0900A X2 Wi-Fi and Ethernet Communication Manual V1_1.pdf
- 70-00-0900A X2 Wi-Fi and Ethernet Communication Manual.pdf >> old
- 70-00-0950A X2 operations manual button displays.pdf
- 70-00-0951A X2 operations manual touch displays.pdf
- 70-00-0952A X2 Web Interface Manual.pdf
BACnet Communication Guidelines
- 70-00-0218B X2-BACnet V1_3.pdf
- 70-00-0899A X2 BACnetIP V1_0.pdf >> old
Modbus Communication Guidelines
- 70-00-0635_Application-Note X2_parameter_access_MODBUS_1-2.pdf
- 70-00-0925A X2-ModbusTCP V1_0.pdf >> old
- 70-00-0925B X2-ModbusTCP V1_1.pdf
X2 Version History
Version 1.5 R1 (April 2022)
- Virtual Inputs: A new setting was created to allow for use of accessory devices such as AEI-4UI. These accessories allow to add physical inputs to X2 devices.
- Extended delays for alarms are extended up to 10 days. Backwards compatibility: alarm delays of less than 8 hours were not affected. For longer than 8 hours they are increased with each step by first 4, then 8 and finally 12 hours. Therefor it is now possible to create alarms with a delay of up to 252 hours. This allows to create an alarm if for example setpoints are not met for an extended period of time.
- Binary outputs in PWM or 3-point-mode may now as well have an intermediate alarm setting. The run time alarm xd10 is used for this purpose. If one alarm is simultaneously assigned to both xd06 and xd07 instead of switching the output to 0 or 100% it will go to the level defined in xd10.
- Reverse sequences for analog outputs allowing for control of 6-way valves and air-side dampers. One sequence can be set to operate from 0...5V and the other from 5-10V with 5 V being the off position and for example 0V the full cooling and 10V the full heating position.
- Improved PI control setting. It is now possible to set the reset time by setting the Integral interval parameter to 0. Instead of entering KI the user can now specify the reset time that follows general control theory.
- Analog output in step mode. The limits of the analog output may be changed depending on which binary stages are active. This allows to complement several compressors with a modulating stage to allow for flawless demandbased load control.
- Repeated write requests with identical values to eeprom from bus modules are ignored.
- Absolute humidity can now be calculated as new option of special function virtual inputs.
- Thermodynamic conversion for refrigerants: pressure to temperature conversions are added to special function of virtual inputs.
- Scale factor is added to special function of virtual inputs.
- Better (correct) handling of inputs with different multiplication setting for sensors and virtual inputs in special function mode.
- Enable controller through alarms or interlocks with 1FU8. An alarm selection register is added to activate controller if an alarm or interlock is active. This may be used for an after hours override contact or as frost protection. When enabled or disabled with alarms. The controller will return to the previous active mode after the alarm goes away.
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes.